Thursday, December 01, 2005

Alpaca Knit Hat Pattern

I love alpaca, and I found some beautiful yarn in my favorite color blue. I made the hat to wear when I have my hair down. Since alpaca is such a light yarn it doesn't mess my hair up, but still keeps me warm.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I used size 8 needles and my gauge is 1 inch is 6 1/2 sts and 5 rows.

Cast on 100 stitches to either a pair of circular needles or double pointed, your choose.
K2, P2 rib for 1 1/2 inches
K1, *P2, K2* Repeat for one row
Stockette stitch for 5 1/2 inches for a total of 7 inches long.
Start decreasing
*K5, K2tog* Repeat
Knit 2 rows even
*K4, K2tog* Repeat
Knit 2 rows even
*K3, K2tog* Repeat
Knit 1 row even
*K2, K2tog* Repeat
Knit 1 row even
*K1, K2tog* Repeat
Knit 1 row even
K2tog every stitch finish off by pulling the left over strand of yarn through the remaining stitches so it creates a circle. Pull tight and weave in your ends.
Pin It

1 comments:

Life Aboard said...

Hi, your hat is really cute! I have to learn how to knit yet. All I can do is a scarf! Angie http://lollybob.blogspot.com/