Friday, November 06, 2009

Homemade Tortillas

I found this recipe on the internet on Texas Cooking.com
http://www.texascooking.com/features/sept98flourtortillas.htm

I made the Chewy Flour Tortillas on this site.
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons oil
3/4 cup lukewarm milk (which I just microwaved for 30 seconds)

Mix all the ingredients together. Then cut the dough in half. Take each half and cut into 4 pieces. Roll all 8 pieces into a ball. Take two sheets of plastic wrap and place a ball in between and roll with a rolling pin until as flat as you can make it. Cook in a hot skillet for 30 seconds on each side. As they finish place them in a gallon size freezer ziplock bag. The steam helps keep them soft and pliable.

They turned out really good. My family loved it. I was nervous they would want the store bought ones, but instead they don't want me to buy them anymore and just make tortillas all the time.
Pin It

2 comments:

presstitles said...

Thanks for nice recipes.

Elevator Accident Lawyer said...

amazing taste .Um.............