Tuesday, October 11, 2011

KCWC - Kids Clothing Week Challenge Accepted!


The mission, should you choose to accept it, is Elsie Marley's Kids Clothing Week Challenge...

Seriously though, one of the blogs I follow, Craftiness Is Not Optional, said she was going to do this kids clothing week challenge. Having a pile of fabric that I intent to make clothes for my little one, I was interested. So I went to the website and got all the details.

Basically the challenge is to commit 1 hour of your time every day for a week to making clothes for kids, presumably yours but it could be someone else's kids. Then when you complete a project you post it on Elsie Marley's Flickr Group. (Technical side note: to add a photo to the Flickr Group you must first add yourself to the group and then the group page will let you add a photo from your Flickr account).


So for day one, I created this thermal shirt. It is pretty basic, but it is still cute. It reminds my husband and I of a shirt I made Lexi when she was this age. I modified a pattern to make the V-neck, but other than that it is just a basic shirt. I'm just glad she already had a pair of pants to match it :)
Pin It

1 comments:

rothcomilitary said...

An impressive post.I was very pleased to find this site. I definitely enjoyed reading every little bit of it.Thanks for sharing.