Monday, November 14, 2011

Healthy Casseroles Challenge

Last month my sister and I did a challenge of making healthy soups and salads. We had so much fun doing it, that we decided to do a challenge every month. This month we decided to do a casserole challenge. Keep a look out for our Healthy Food Challenges each month.

Monday: Egg and Veggie
For the egg casserole, I chopped up bell peppers, tomatoes, and zucchini and filled the casserole dish two thirds full of veggies. Then I mixed in enough eggs to cover it all. Then I added just a small handful of cheese.

Tuesday Mexican
The Mexican casserole has tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, and beans. I mixed in some sour cream to blend it all together and some cheese to hold it together. Then I topped it with crushed tortilla chips. 

Wednesday: Spinach and Rice
The spinach casserole has carrots, celery, onions, and of course spinach. I put in some cooked rice and cheese. A spoonful of cream cheese helped bind all of this together to make one yummy casserole.

To be honest, Thursday was a broccoli and cheese casserole, but it didn't turn out. I thought I'd spare you the sad picture of my burnt casserole. 

Friday: Tikka Masala
For the grand finale I made a tikka masala casserole. This has egg plants, kidney beans, cannellini beans, tomato, a small can of chicken, and paneer cheese. Then I mixed that all together with a jar of tikka masala sauce.





Pin It

1 comments:

Jen said...

That tikki masala (I always spell that wrong) casserole sounds delicious! I don't think I could get the girls to touch it though. Darn it. Andrew would eat it though!